Tuesday 29 March 2016

Lighting Inspirations for Claudia


This is an image by Sylwia Makris for a shoot called Diadema. I really loved how all the images from this shoot particularly have really dark lighting and the only amount of lighting present in the image is the lighting on the model with the rest all dark. I would have to work with the lighting on the day of the shoot and see which one works best.

I want to have dark lighting for Claudia as, I want the images to describe the mental disorders she has. I know it is impossible to do this through makeup and lighting. However, I want to try and see if makeup, lighting and expressions can actually describe a persons personality. This will be the biggest challenge for me. However, I will try my best and see if this will work.





This image was taken by  the photographer Sylwia Makris. It was shot for the Vogue Italia talent shooting. The makeup artists that worked on this shoot were Kerstin Stengel and Claudia Busch. This image particularly inspired me due to the lighting and the  styling in the picture. As Claudia has never the left the house I thought this would be the perfect lighting to shoot her in.

I like how the surroundings of the model is dark and the only bright light in the image is the light just hitting the models face. I also liked the styling of the image. The net/veil that goes around her face could hide a million emotions. On the other hand it could also mean that she doesn't want anybody particularly Quentin to know what she really is like.



This image was taken by Aitken Jolly and this shoot was called Circus Humans. The name of the shoot as well as the image inspired me as they relate well back to my character Claudia. The lighting I thought would be really bright for my shoot but I like the model's pose and styling. I like the veil/net on the model's face as similar to the image at he top. I liked the pose as if I get my model to sit down in the studio it will have a cool effect on the lighting and I can also check if this will help the lighting get darker around the model.

The model's pose and styling relate back to freaks as she has her hands wrapped in bandages. The way the model is sated on the floor, that is not a normal way of sitting on the floor. These factors make the whole image look a little more creepy. Also the expression on the model's face makes the viewers wonder, why so serious. I think that these points will count towards my shoot and will have a big impact on the outcome to the final pictures.



Ref:

No comments:

Post a Comment