Wednesday 30 March 2016

Claudia-Hair Chart Designs


This is the most classic hairstyle of the 50's. That is worn my many style icons of the time including Marilyn Monroe. This was the most popular hairstyles of the time. It also seen in the freak show series of American horror story. This style was worn by Elsa Mars throughout the series as she wanted to be the most popular style icon of the time. This hairstyle is usually for short hair however can also be styled on long hair as well.

This style has a middle or side parting and consist of a lot of texture as well as volumed wavy hair. It usually has a lot of texture at the top of the head as well as the hair that falls at the bottom. The texture and structure can be created by setting the hair with hot rollers. This would be an appropriate hairstyle for Claudia. However, I wanted to go for un up do rather than her hair open.





This is also a hairstyle I created that was inspired from the 50's as well. The image that I got this inspiration from is in the blog post named hair inspirations for Claudia. As I wanted to have an up do for Claudia rather than having her hair down I think this would be the design that I would create for the final look. This hairstyle consists of the wave that is commonly seen in 50's hairstyles. The wave/curve in the hair is normally at the front of the hair and has a lot of structure.

This structure and wave/curve at the front of the hair can be achieved by setting the hair with hot rollers. The hair will then be set to one side making sure the I keep the curve in the hair is still there. At the back of the head I will tie the hair in to a horizontal french twist as the hair will have a natural curl at the ends that was put in from the hot rollers. This hairstyle almost looks like a late victorian/ a contemporary victorian hairstyle.





This is also a hairstyle that I designed inspired form the 50's. This is more of a glamorous hairstyle as this style came in at the time the film industry started booming in the 1950's. This hairstyle consists of the hair being set towards one side of the head, with the hair having curls, texture and volume just at the ends of the hair.                                                
This can also be achieved by setting the hair with hot rollers to achieve the curls at the end of the hair as well as the texture in the hair. To keep the hair in place products can be used to set the hair making sure the natural curls of the hair remain in place. As much as I like this design I do not think I shall use it for my final hair design for Claudia as it could be too modern for her and looking at her having mental disorders she wouldn't have her hair so perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment