Wednesday 13 April 2016

Claudia Final Shoot Images


Health & Safety
  • Make sure my partners/models clothing is covered using a gown.
  • Do not double dip spatulas into the make-up palettes. 
  • Always wash hand before application and after.
  • Always carry out a consultation before starting to make sure there are no contra-indications and my partner is not allergic to any products. 
  • Always ask partner/model if they are wearing contact lenses. 
  • Always provide partner/model with after care advice.

List of Products & Tools
  • Cleanser, Toner, Moisturiser
  • Cotton pads, Couch Roll
  • Kryolan Foundation Pallette 
  • Kryolan Lip Pallette 
  • Mac Eyeshadow Palette
  • Translucent Powder
  • Foundation Brush, Blending Brush
  • Detail Brush,
  • Black Kohl Pencil, Sharpener
  • Cape
  • Mascara, Disposable Mascara Wands
  • Fake Blood
  • Veil

Model's Consultation Notes
  • Ashwinder Sabharwal, 18
  • Normal to Dry Skin 
  • Small Closed Pores
  • Black Eyes
  • No Allergies to any Products
  • No Contraindications
  • Natural Hair, Not Dyed 

Creating Claudia was a very big challenge as I had to make sure that the make up doesn't look too modern and creating Claudia's hairstyle was a mission as I am not very good with hair. From the research that I carried out on 50's make up, I stuck to the basic elements of the 50 that is the light blush and the classic red lip. I left out the classic winged eyeliner as I thought that this would be a little too modern for Claudia.

Transforming the classic 50's look into a horror look I decided to add in the messy brows and the black kohl pencil at the bottom bottom waterline of  my model's eyes  to add an extra creepy effect. I was quite happy with the final outcome of the messy brows as they worked really well with the final look. As I wanted the make up to describe/scream out at the viewers that even though she is a beautiful young woman, yes there is something creepy, weird and not normal about her. 

This is the reason I added the messy brows and lined the water line of the eyes with black. I then smudged the lipstick on the model and added blood to her fingers. Although Claudia has this divine youthful look, her expression, the messy brows, smudged lipstick and blood on her fingers tell the viewers about her mental disorder and that she is a freak in a way. I wanted to have the veil over Claudia in some images as this describes how she is hidden from the outside world.

Coming to the hair I think I could have done a better job. I tried creating the wave/curve that classic 50's hairstyles have at the front of the hair. I did have the curves in the hair but I think they toned down by the time I went to do the shoot. This might have been because of me not using enough product to set the hair in place. From my inspirations on the lighting I wanted to have dark lighting for the final images of Claudia. I achieved this by playing around with the flash and the aperture of the camera. 






















































































No comments:

Post a Comment