Monday 28 March 2016

Hair Inspirations for Claudia





















As I my TV series was based in the 1950's, I want to design a hairstyle for Claudia that would be based around that era. The image in the right shows a 1950's makeup and hair look that was recreated today. I really like the wave in the hair and as learnt from all the practical hair sessions I have had so far this can be achieved from setting the hair with hot rollers. Looking at the 50's up do's the hair had structure to one side of the hair and there would always be a side parting to the hair.

The image on the right is an image from the 50's and also has the structure and the curve in the hair. Its seems as if the hair has been set in curls and has been put up in maybe a horizontal french twist at the bottom of the hair. The structure in the hair almost reminds me of the Victorian hairstyles more towards the contemporary style as seen in American horror story.

For my design on Claudia, I would like to have the curve in the hair as the structure and would perhaps put the hair into a horizontal french twist at the bottom as I would like her hair to be up. For this I would set her hair in rollers to  get the volume and the structure in my model's hair. I would then slightly shape the hair to one prominent side without having a strong lined side parting. I would want to have a similar curve in the hair to the ones in the images above at the front side of my models hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment